Useful Contact Details

A selection of useful telephone numbers

Oxfordshire County Council

General Enquires: Phone 01865 792422 Fax: 01865 726155
Environment issues:  Phone 01865 815700
Hazardous waste: Phone 01865 815796
Highways (for all county council highways enquiries): Phone0845 310 1111
Parking: Phone 01865 815071
Public transport: Phone 01865 815086
Rights of way & footpaths: Phone 01865 810808 
Schools: Phone 01865 815449
Street lighting (fault reporting): Phone 0800 317802
Trading Standards: Phone 08540 510845
Traffic lights and pedestrian crossings (fault reporting): Phone 01865 815775
Waste sites: Phone 01865 815796 
Complaints about County Council services: Phone 01865 815906

Vale Of White Horse District Council 

General Enquiries: Phone 01235 520202  Fax: Phone 01235 540395
Car Parks (Botley): Phone 01235 547665 
Council Tax: Phone 01235 540331
Environmental Health: Phone 01235 520202
Flytipping: Phone 01235 520202 
Green Box RecyclingPhone 01235 520202
Housing: Phone 01235 520202
Pest Control: Phone 01235 540375
Rubbish collection: Phone 01235 520202
Street name plates: Phone 01235 540362    

West Way Shopping Precinct is now owned by the Botley Development Company / Mace. For any problems, contact Dan Bleach of SP Broadway on 020 3405 3460. For urgent and site-specific concerns, you can contact SDC’s Liaison Officer Peter Sandercock on 01234 264 332. Visit our Planning page for updates on the redevelopment.

Thames Water
Sewer problems Phone 0845 9200 800

There are a number of services you can sign up for now or keep the information handy in the event of :

  • Power cuts: You can sign up to a Priority Services Register that will help you get priority attention in the event of a power cut. The register prioritises households with children under 5, the over 60s, the disabled, and those dependent on electricity for medical care, chronic illnesses or special communication needs. In the event of a power cut you can call 150 for electricity, or 0800 111 999 for gas.

  • Flooding: visit for information on prevention, planning, flood warnings and more. You can also get information from Floodline on 0345 988 1188 or report flooding to the Environment Agency hotline 0800 807060.

  • Adverse weather and the cold: find out more about preparing your home for the cold at Better Housing Better Health at or call 0800 107 0044 

Thames Valley Police

Pc Carl Bryant (Pc 5864) is now the Beat Officer for the North Hinksey Parish.  He is a neighbourhood Specialist Officer which means he will not be abstracted for other committments, and can be contacted via the non-emergency number 08458 505505.

Thames Valley Police has asked the Parish Council to remind parishioners that information can be given to the Police anonymously via Crimestoppers. Their contact details can be found here.  
Crimestoppers can also offer a reward where information leads to a conviction.

In an emergency call 999. It is an emergency if a crime is being committed, or it is about to be committed, or if there is a risk of serious injury.