Recreation and Amenities
The Recreation and Amenities (R&A) Committee is
responsible for looking after our parish-owned recreational spaces. These
- the lower Louie Memorial Field (including
children’s play area),
- Hutchcomb’s Copse and Fen (woodland area adjacent to the lower field),
- the upper Louie Memorial Field (including the football pitch, MUGA – multi use games area, and Trim Trail fitness equipment),
- Louie Memorial Pavilion (the parish council maintains the building, with Pavilion use and activities managed separately by Louie Memorial Pavilion Trustees)
- North Hinksey Churchyard and Village Green
Minutes of R&A Committee
For more images and information about facilities at the Louie Memorial Fields visit the Louie Memorial Fields page.
In recent years the R&A Committee has run several reports and surveys, most recently the 2015 Leisure Facilities Survey.
In May 2015 the Parish Council set up a Leisure Working Group to consider and act on the Leisure Facilities Survey results. The Leisure Working Group has identified two priority areas of work:
- Improved multi-use indoor facilities for all ages, with particular focus on facilities within a replacement Seacourt Hall in the West Way development
- Increased /
improved facilities for older youth and teenagers within the parish.
In line with these priorities the Leisure Working Group is
exploring three options for new youth facilities (outdoor adventure playground
equipment, skate park, youth club for ages 13+) and is undertaking a survey to
identify leisure needs for elderly and mobility impaired parishioners. Reports
by the Leisure Working Group to the R&A committee are here:
Recreation & Amenities Committee members:
The Chairman of R&A Committee is Councillor Caroline Potter.
Other Councillors: Pauline Allen, Lorna Berrett, Judith Bolder, Voirrey Carr, Louise Kunzemann, Julia Hammett, David Kay, Ag MacKeith, Ruth Mayne, Caroline Potter, Andrew Pritchard.
The Leisure Working Group includes Councillors Berrett, Bolder, Carr, Kay, MacKeith, Mayne, Potter (chair), Pritchard.