- The Chairman of the Parish Council, Councillor David Kay can be contacted on Tel: 01865 240272
- The Vice-Chairman of the Parish Council, Councillor Caroline Potter can be contacted on Mobile: 07590194768
The Parish Clerk is Alan Stone, who can be contacted on Tel: 01865 861992 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two allotment sites,
- On land between North Hinksey Lane and the Southern By Pass (entrance from the lane between North Hinksey Lane and the Southern By-Pass)
- On land between North Hinksey Lane and the Seacourt Stream (entrance opposite Yarnells Road)
Details of allotments for hire can be obtained by contacting the Chairman of the Allotments Committee: Councillor Ms. A. Mackeith Tel: 01865 724452, or the Parish Clerk Tel: 01865 861992
Maintenance of the nine seats within the parish and the bus shelter in Arnolds Way. Although the bus shelters at the bottom of Westminster Way and near the junction of Laburnum Road and Crabtree Road are owned by the Parish Council they are maintained by Primesite Media.
- Maintenance of the six parish noticeboards and two allotment noticeboards.
- Clearance and maintenance of the concrete path between Cedar Road and Hurst Rise Road.
All matters regarding highways issues are now dealt with at full Council meetings. To discuss any items in relation to highways issues please contact the Parish Clerk Tel: 01865 861992.
North Hinksey Nature Reserve and Community Orchard
The reserve and community orchard are in North Hinksey Lane, next to the Botley W.I. building. Both are owned and maintained by the Parish Council, with help from volunteers. They are now administered by the Allotments Committee. To discuss any items in relation to the nature reserve or community orchard please contact either the Chairman of the Allotments Committee, Councillor Ms. A. Mackeith
Tel: 01865 724452, or the Parish Clerk Tel: 01865 861992.
The Parish Councill is consulted by the Vale of White Horse District Council on all planning applications within the Parish and any applications outside its boundaries that are thought to particularly affect the Parish. To discuss planning applications, please contact the Chairman of the Planning Committee, Councillor A. Pritchard Tel: 01865 240014, or the Vice-Chairman, Councillor Voirrey Carr Tel: 01865 863899.
- Copies of the application plans are available for inspection for 15 minutes prior to the Planning Committee meeting.
- Individuals may inspect the plans or make comments in writing to the Vale of White Horse District Council, as the Planning Authority at:
- The Planning Department, Vale of White Horse District Council, 135 Eastern Avenue,
Milton Park, Milton OX14 4SB
Tel: 01235 422600
Recreation and Amenities Committee
There are two playing fields, both are accessed from Arnolds Way: -
Louie Memorial Playing Field (Upper), with football pitch, MUGA (multi-Games Area, Trim Trail, floodlights (not in use at present) and pavilion. Louie Memorial Playing Field (Lower), with childrens play area and copse for walks.
The five seats in the lower playing field are the responsibility of the Parish Council.
The sub-committee is also responsible for the Louie Memorial Copse and Fenland and for grass cutting at the North Hinksey Village Green and St. Lawrence Churchyard.
To discuss any items in relation to the playing fields please contact either the Chairman of the Recreations & Amenities Committee, Councillor Caroline Potter Tel: 07590194768 or the Parish Clerk Tel: 01865 861992.
|Remembrance Day Service |
The Parish Council organises the annual Remembrance Day Service, held in the Commonwealth War Graves Section of Botley Cemetery, North Hinksey Lane, Oxford. Further details can be obtained from the Chairman of the Remembrance Day Committee, Councillor Mrs. V. Carr Tel: 01865 863899, or the Parish Clerk Tel: 01865 861992.
Back to top